After trying to make “rice” cauliflower by hand (utter fail) and refusing to spend a ridiculous amount of money on pre-made “rice” cauliflower, I decided to invest in a food processor.
There’s so many processors to choose from! Thankfully, I found a small, reasonably priced machine that was delivered the same day (thanks Amazon Prime!) Did I mention that it’s pink!? Total girly-girl move.
Now, “rice” cauliflower (the base of this crust) is ridiculously easy to make with this food processor. You simply rough chop about 2 cups of cauliflower and throw it in the processor.
After processing the cauliflower, place it in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it on high for about 4-minutes. Let the cauliflower cool for 5-minutes (you don’t want to burn your hands!) Place the cauliflower in a kitchen towel and squeeze away. You want to make sure to get all the water out. Doing so is KEY to a great cauli-crust!
Now, place the cauliflower ball in a bowl and add 1 egg, 1/4 cup parm, 1/4 cup mozz, and spices! Mix until dough forms (I use my hands!)
Spread the dough out on lightly greased parchment paper or a pizza pan. Bake the crust at 500 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until you begin to see that nice and golden color form around the edges.
Remove your crust from the oven and add your toppings. Place your pizza back in the oven, under the broiler, for 3-5 minutes to melt your toppings! Remove from oven and enjoy!
Recipe: Cauli-crust Pizza
- 2 cups of roughly chopped cauliflower (should yield 1 cup once processed) or 1 cup of pre-made “rice” cauliflower
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. basil (minced or dry)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano (minced or dry)
- Pizza toppings of your choice! (sauce, mozzarella, fresh herbs, tomatoes, etc!)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F
- Rough chop cauliflower and place in food processor, pulse until it resembles texture of rice OR measure out 1 cup of pre-made “rice” cauliflower
- Microwave cauliflower uncovered for 4-5 minutes on high, allow to cool for 5-minutes (don’t rush this step!) After cauliflower is cool, place in kitchen towel and squeeze all the liquid out of it (make sure to get as much liquid out as possible!)
- Combine cooked cauliflower, egg, cheese, and seasonings until dough forms. Spread mixture onto lightly greased parchment paper or pizza pan
- Bake crust for approx. 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and crispy. Remove your crust from the oven and add your favorite toppings!
- Place the pizza back in the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes or until your cheese is melty and toppings are warm (be sure to keep an eye on it because the broiler can burn the cheese quickly!)
- Slice and enjoy!
Recipe yields 1 personal-size pizza
Serving size: 1 pizza
Nutrition: 5g net carbs – 16.9g fat – 22.3g protein – 257 calories
Want more low-carb, gluten-free yumminess? Try my keto cakes!